An unresolved nagging injury has kept me from making running goals. I finally got a referral from my primary doctor in mid-September but I've still got to make my appointment. I'm putting it off because I suspect I'll have to go back in a boot and I'd rather do that after an upcoming short trip -- our first vacation in over a year. Thanks COVID! Either way, I still have a bunch of virtual races lined up, because I'm addicted to registering for these things, I guess.
These virtual runs are mostly completed in my neighborhood so they unfortunately aren't particularly memorable, and the individual reports are pretty boring. I still want to note them, and especially shout out the charities involved, so here's a recap of the virtual races that I completed in October 2020.
1 Virtual Global Energy Race
- Completed: October 6, 2020 in my neighborhood
- Charity: Feeding America
- Hashtag: #RunWithUs
- Cost: FREE
- Swag: Tote Bag, Runner Sleeves, Medal
- Time: 1:38:42
- Notes: This global physical race had to go virtual due to the pandemic. I've run the physical race three times and it's always a good time: Orlando Global Energy Race 2016 | Orlando Global Energy Race 2017 | Orlando Global Energy Race 2018
2 No Miles Between Us Virtual Run 4 Justice 5K
- Completed: October 28, in my neighborhood
- Charity: Change the Head, Change the Heart
- Cost: $37
- Swag: T-Shirt*, Medal
- Time: 46:19